Designed to be the absolute best 245mm converter money can buy, the ZZP torque converter will give you the performance and reliability that no other converter can.
By taking everything we've learned about converter failures and successes over the last 5 years and working with a top manufacture of converters, we have developed the markets best 245mm converter. The feature list is long and only ZZP delivers a converter with so much for such an affordable price. Don't take a chance on an improved converter, buy a race converter. Tested without failure in our 9 second Grand Prix.
To learn more about stall speeds check out our blog here.
Our high performance torque converters are built in a 245mm case, which makes them eight pounds lighter than the stock L67 converter. This helps to free up some HP that the stock converter is robbing as well as increase the power capability of the stock input shaft. In fact the exact same transmission will survive to nearly ½ second quicker with no other changes than a converter swap!
- The 2500 is a small step higher than a stock GTP converter (which is around 2000rpm). It's excellent for street use and track runs on street cars with all season tires. We recommend it for all M90 applications since they have a lot of low RPM power. It is the most efficient converter we offer and produces the highest top end HP. You can achieve high 1.6 60's with it.
- The 3000 stall is an excellent choice for turbo setups (up to a t67), or M90 applications where you are running sticky tires. Heat is increased over the 2500 stall converter so one should consider our aluminum transmission pan.
- The 3500 stall is the best choice for people with sticky tires or NA builds. Again we highly recommend running our aluminum trans pan and possibly even a trans cooler.
Transmission fluid and system must be clean before installing a new transmission or torque converter.
The most common point of failure is metal in the radiator transmission cooler that is not cleaned out.
If you are replacing a failed part, care should be taken to clean or replace the radiator/cooler to prevent future failure of new parts.
- Furnace brazed fins on 3000 stall and up
- Heavy duty racing bearing
- Kevlar clutch with high temperature bonding material
- Heavy duty sprag with hardened splines
- Hardened hub welded with balloon plate
- Machined stator
- High gloss blue finish
- Computer balanced with an STR balance machine for use to 8k RPM without vibration
- Each converter marked for permanent stall speed record