ZZP Stage 3 Kit
This variant is currently out of stock
Inventory levels of available PCM cores changes constantly, and we are often low on certain year cores. If you are rushed please email Alan.M@zzperformance.com or firstname.lastname@example.org before ordering with a core option.
ZZPerformance makes upgrading your supercharged Ion/Cobalt simple with our dyno proven Stage 3 kit. Stage 3 is designed with performance and reliability in mind. The PCM commands a flat AF ratio and drops timing slightly with decreases in pulley size. You will not lose AC function with our stage 3 kit like you would with the GM Stage 3 kit.
- ZZP 1.0 ecm
- ZZP Modular pulley system
- GM belt, Over-sized tensioner pulley (see product page for instructions), or Adjustable tensioner
- NGK 4644 spark plugs gapped at .035
- Larger fuel injectors (and harness if required)
- ZZP Heat Exchanger (comes with 6 feet of hose, fittings, & mounting hardware)
- Dyno chart (above) shows power increase from 214 to 249WHP on a stock Cobalt using a 2.9" pulley.
- 3.1" recommended for users with 91 octane.
- 3.0" recommended for users with totally stock vehicles other than this kit, and/or people wanting to stay a little more conservative.
- 2.9" we recommend a dual pass end plate, header/downpipe and 91/92 octane, 50# or larger injectors required.
- 2.8" requires all of the above mods and 93+ octane gas 60# injectors recommended, or E47/E85. (80# injectors required when running E)
- 2.7" requires all of the above and Stage 1 or larger cams.
Using an Aeroforce scan gauge to keep an eye on your IAT2 temps is HIGHLY recommended. The intercooler pump on these cars is very unreliable, and if you have a smaller pulley and the pump is not working, you could end up replacing your engine. Any IAT2 temps over 160 degrees are reducing your spark advance/performance. Anything over 170 degrees is EXTREMELY dangerous.
Recommended ZZP mod list, click HERE:
How to order your Stage kit:
Select pulley size and color. (see above for recommendations)
Determines what you are going to use to take up the slack in the belt when you install the smaller SC pulley. The GM belt is the most popular option, the Oversized tensioner requires you to remove the tensioner and grind it to give it some clearance for the oversized pulley, and the adjustable tensioner will replace the entire tensioner and is completely adjustable for any S/C pulley size.
For the injector drop down, we recommend 60 # injectors for any supercharged gasoline setup, but if you are planning on running E85, you would want the 80# injectors instead. Because of potential idle issues, do not run a larger injector that your setup needs. 80# injectors should only be used in E85 fueled cars.
What kind of intake are you running? If we have a specific file setup for your specific brand intake, we will include it.
Core charge: Many options...
PCM core charge: We can ship you a ZZP flashed PCM, so you can install everything and simply swap your PCM core (refundable when we receive your PCM core back within 30 days).
I'm sending in my core first: You can send in your PCM core to have us flash it with our file and ship it back to you. However when you select this we will not ship any of the parts until we receive your core, because it would hurt your engine to not have the proper PCM for the mods.
If you select "sending in core first" send core to:
Attn: Order # (order number goes here)
2450 28th st. SW
Wyoming, MI 49519
Email me an HPTuner file If you have HPTuners we can email you our file so you can upload it yourself.
I am doing my own tuning You can buy the kit without a PCM or a PCM file.
1. Does this disable my AC?
No. It does not, the GM stage 3 kit does, but ours does not.
*PCM portion of this kit is non-returnable. Pulley puller tool required for changing blower pulley.
You will need to remove the stock pulley from your supercharger for this kit. We offer a pulley puller for rent or purchase HERE.
If using your own laptop for remote tuning, download the latest stable HPTuners VCM Suite here.