The stock wire goes from the alternator to the starter with a 10' 8 gauge wire and then from there to the battery through another 8 gauge wire, then from the battery to the top of the under hood fuse box. Our alternator rewire goes from the back of the alternator to the power connector on the under hood fuse box with a shorter larger diameter wire. It can safely be run with the OEM one still connected.
- More power to the fuel pump
- Brighter head lights
- Better ignition performance
- Better heated seat performance
- Improve rear defrost performance
- Less alternator draw by more efficient power delivery to battery
- Better fuel economy
- Installs in 5 minutes
- 4 AWG flexible cable replaces the much longer current choking 8AWG factory wire
- New protector boot included to reduce the chance of shorting at the alternator stud.
Works well along with our Alternator Voltage Booster.
This item and all electrical items are non-returnable.
Connects to top of fuse box and output post on alternator. Factory wires stay in place.
Monte Carlo/Impala Note: the terminal on the fuse box side must be drilled out to match the larger fuse box stud.