ARP Main Studs
ARP main bolts are stronger and torque more accurately than stock main bolts. By improving the bottom end rigidity you increase the engines capability of handling high RPM.
- Comes with 1 packet of ARP assembly lube
- Designed for Series 2 and Series 3 3800 engines
Block line boring is recommended after the install of main studs.
Installation Method for Main Stud Kit:
200,000 PSI 7/16 inch Diameter
- To ensure proper thread engagement and accurate torque readings, clean ALL threads if necessary with ARP Thread Chaser.
- Clean and inspect all hardware prior to installation. Look for obvious defects or shipping damages, plus proper fit, length and dimension.
- Screw the studs into the block "Hand Tight Only". NOTE: Loctite may be used if a permanent mounting of the studs is preferred. The fasteners, however, must be torqued prior to the Loctite setting up.
- Install the main caps and check for binding or misalignment.
- Lubricate the stud threads, nuts and washers with APP ULTRA-TORQUE FASTENER ASSEMBLY LUBRICANT. Then install the washers and the nuts onto the studs and tighten them hand tight. ARP recommends using the ARP ULTRA-TORQUE FASTENER ASSEMBLY LUBRICANT that is provided with each kit as opposed to motor oil. This is due to higher friction on the studs as well as inconsistencies in the clamping force of the fasteners when motor oil or other low quality lubricants are used.
PRELOAD (TORQUE) RECOMMENDATIONS
- Following the manufacturers recommend torque sequences tighten the nuts in three equal steps to 80 ft lbs with ARP ULTRA-TORQUE FASTENER ASSEMBLY LUBRICANT.
- FOOTNOTE: When changing from factory fasteners to high strength fasteners, clamping force and tolerances will change, therefore it will be necessary to check the main bearing bores for proper size and out of round condition after.