F40 6 Speed Conversion Kit
This variant is currently out of stock
This kit will require all of the parts from the list, you will not be able to reuse any of your F35 parts, i.e. flywheel, clutch disc or aftermarket shifter. The included dual mass clutch assembly will support up to around 450hp. However we do have a F40 Race Clutch option that will replace the flywheel/disc/pressure plate that is an option for this kit. Do not be fooled by competitors kits, their kit requires you to purchase a clutch separately.
- Upgraded steel shift cables
- 6 speed shifter assembly w/adapter bracket and shift knob/boot.
- ZZP Billet aluminum transmission brackets (Top and Rear)
- ZZP Intermediate "jack" shaft w/custom speed sensor tone ring (Saab trans only)
- ZZP Billet speed sensor bracket (Saab trans only)
- ZZP Speed sensor extension harness (Saab trans only)
- Cast transmission bracket
- Solid shift cable bracket (Replaces Saab dampened bracket)
- Dual mass clutch and flywheel (which is not included in our competitors kit)
- Flywheel bolts
- Bolt pack for mounts
- Optional: Driveshaft Shop stage 2 CV axle shaft(s)
- Optional: new F40 "Regal" transmission
What engine do you have? This option determines what axle is included in the kit. (LNF has a larger outer spline than the LSJ)
Transmission: This determines if you have a transmission already, which one you have if you do, so we can include the correct trans mounts with the kit. If you need a transmission, then this option allows you to add a new "Regal" transmission.
Axle(s): You will need at least one shorter (driver side) axle to use the F40 transmission. If you already have one, then this option removes any additional axles from the kit, or if you want just the required one, this allows you to add it, or if you want a matching pair of the upgraded Driveshaft Shop axles, you can add both sides.
Requires Saab 9-3 ('07+ preferred for best performance gearing) or 2011-13 Regal 6 speed F40 transmission and PCM reprogramming to adjust for the new speed sensor. It does fit pre-2007 Saab F40 but the gearing is not optimal. The Regal transmission has poor gearing for drag or road course cars (wide gears, tall final drive), but can be useful for half mile racing. Please don't ask if it will work with XX transmission. It's designed for a Saab or 11-13 Regal trans as stated above and nothing else.
These kits are built per order and can take up to a week to be packaged and shipped.