This is a full combo kit that you can spec to your liking to run our Equalizer on your 3800 powered vehicle. The kit comes in 4 total options:
- Equalizer downpipe with 2.5" exit TOG style bolt in downpipe
- Equalizer downpipe with 3" exit TOG style bolt in downpipe
- Equalizer downpipe with 2.5" exit TOG style bolt in downpipe and turbo/equalizer rear power log
- Equalizer downpipe with 3" exit TOG style bolt in downpipe and turbo/equalizer rear power log
The two options that do not include the rear power log will come with our rear manifold block off plate for use with your stock rear exhaust manifold or our standard rear power log. The TOG style downpipe is required for all installations on a w-body car.
All options include hardware and v-band clamps needed for installation.
The ZZP 3800 Equalizer Downpipe is the solution to perfecting your 3800 build. We all know how potent the 3800 platform can be, however there's always been one thing that has held them back; sound. Even with a great exhaust combo it's been nearly impossible to get FWD 3800's to sound good due to the crossover pipe causing unequal exhaust pulses resulting in rasp. After multiple revisions, many prototypes and miles on the concept we've come up with the perfect solution to make that 3800 sing. This product essentially changes the stock unequal length setup to an equal length exhaust.
You will likely want to add a 3" 2 bolt gasket, found here.
- Equalizer Crossover
- Primary downpipe
- 2.5" v-band clamp
- Rear manifold block off plate
- O2 bung plug
- Hardware necessary for installation
- TOG style bolt in downpipe (2.5" or 3" exit)
- Turbo/equalizer rear power log (if chosen)
Check out the videos below for sound clips. While these clips do a good job of catching the tone difference, it's hard to truly capture how much better this setup sounds over a "standard" exhaust. We know you're going to fall in love all over again with your 3800 car as soon as you get this installed.
Although a resonator is now not as essential with the equalizer, it is still recommended for reducing drone.
9.2022 update: We have fitted an equalizer to an H-Body Bonneville SSEI in house. It will physically bolt up, however the stock intake tube contacts the crossover. We are currently working on a solution.