Secure your heads with our new ZZP 3800 head stud kit, the ultimate solution in clamping force. Built on years of ZZP dominance in the 3800 market, this is the best and most affordable full head stud kit on the market. ZZP studs are re-useable and will last the lifetime of your engine unlike the stock torque to yield bolts.
- 8 short (exhaust side) studs
- 8 long (intake side) studs
- 16 washers
- 16 six point nuts
- 1 packet assembly lube
Teflon tape required for threads going into the block to prevent coolant leaks. Do not use a paste to seal these.
Installation Method for Head Stud Kits
200,000 PSI 7/16 inch Diameter
- To ensure proper thread engagement and accurate torque readings, clean ALL threads in the block. Chase if necessary with a thread chaser.
- Clean and inspect all hardware prior to installation. Look for obvious defects or shipping damages, plus proper fit, length and dimension.
- If the cylinder head studs protrude into a water jacket, lubricate the block threads of the studs with thread sealer.
- Screw studs into the block "HAND TIGHT ONLY". NOTE: Loctite may be used if a permanent mounting of the studs is preferred. The fasteners, however, must be torqued prior to the Loctite setting up.
- Install the cylinder head(s) and check for binding or misalignment.
- Lubricate the stud threads, nuts and washers with assembly lube.
- Then install the washers and the nuts onto the studs and tighten them hand tight. ARP recommends using the ARP ULTRA-TORQUE FASTENER ASSEMBLY LUBRICANT that is provided with each kit as opposed to motor oil. This is due to higher friction on the studs as well as inconsistencies in the clamping force of the fasteners when motor oil or other low quality lubricants are used.
- Preload (torque) recommendations : following the manufacturers recommended torque sequence tighten the nuts in three equal steps to 85 ft/lbs with assembly lube. Recommended 45, 70, 85 ft/lbs using moly lube
You may also like