Our upgraded ZZP Ecotec timing chain guide bolt is made of an upgraded alloy over stock and solves the problem of the stock shoulder bolt shearing over time. This bolt is a must have when servicing the timing chain system in your Ecotec engine.
We include 1 of these bolts with our upgraded ZZP timing chain guide found here. This bolt is for those using a standard OEM or Cloyes timing set without our upgraded guide.
There are 6 of these bolts in the OEM system. Two in the main timing chain guide and 4 in the water pump/balance shaft guide system. Most people replace the top timing chain guide bolt with the other upgraded bolt that seats in on the exterior of the head, found here.
You will want at least 1 bolt when servicing the timing chain system, but if you want to ensure worry free operation until the next service we recommend 5 and the other upgraded top timing chain bolt referenced above.
- 2003-2007 Saturn Ion 2.0, 2.2, and 2.4
- 2005-2010 Chevrolet Cobalt 2.0, 2.2, and 2.4
- 2006-2011 Chevrolet HHR 2.0, 2.2, and 2.4
- 2004-2008 Chevrolet Malibu 2.2
- 2006-2010 Pontiac G5/Pursuit 2.2 and 2.4
- 2002-2010 Saturn Vue 2.2 and 2.4
- 2006-2010 Pontiac Solstice 2.0 and 2.4
- 2007-2010 Saturn Sky 2.0 and 2.4
- 2008-2013 Buick Regal 2.0 and 2.4
- LSJ 2.0 Engine
- L61 2.2 Engine
- LNF 2.0 Engine
- LDK 2.0 Engine
- LHU 2.0 Engine
- LE5 2.4 Engine
- LAP 2.2 Engine
- LE8 2.2 Engine
- LE9 2.4 Engine