- Affordable engine HP,
- Power to the ground transmission upgrades,
- Improved suspension and chassis dynamics,
- Go Fast…Not Broke!
Here is an example of a great driver, Chris Hofmann and a well-built Cobalt from Foximus Motorsports. Chris is very involved in the AutoX community, and is constantly racing his LSJ converted Cobalt, proving the capability of the Delta Platform and ZZP parts. Here is an overview of Chris’s motorsports resume highlights:
- Competing fiercely in a well-built car rarely seen at AutoX’s and track events
- Successful 2011 Rookie season, running with 3 different clubs in Pittsburgh, PA winning 1 event.
- SCCA Solo National Champions recognition due to car control and ability to adapt to changing surfaces and racing lines.
- Competed at the 2011, 2012 North Carolina Autocross Championships.
- 2 Events wins in 2013 in South Carolina Region.
- Ranked inside the Top 20 of over 250 drivers in North Carolina in 2013
- Finished 3rd in points in North Carolina and 3rd in points in South Carolina despite missing the last 4 events of each season due to moving to California.
Previously Competed With
- Steel Cities SCCA
- Allegheny Highlands SCCA
- North Hills Sports Car Club
- North Carolina Region SCCA
- South Carolina SCCA
- Folgers Subaru Carolina Motorsports Park Championships
- CalClub SCCA Solo2
- Redline Time Attack
Chris’s Cobalt builds spec highlights:
- Eaton M62 Supercharger Swap from LSJ.
- ZZP dual pass kit.
- ZZP Long tube Header
- ZZP 2.5” High flow catted DP
- ZZP 2.5” catback
- ZZP shifter base bushings
- Freshly rebuilt F23 Trans by Bothwell Automotive
- New Quaife LSD
- Prothane Inserts for Motor and Trans mounts.
- Injen Intake
- Upgraded Cobra heat exchanger
- Custom built L61 engine- eagle crank and rods, 1mm oversize valves, port and polished cylinder head, Stage 4 cams, upgraded valvetrain componants, 42# injectors
- Clutchmasters FX400 8 puck clutch
- Custom short throw shift kit
- ZZP 1.25″ rear sway bar
- D2 Racing Coilovers, custom valved for time trial use by D2 USA, running 10k springs up front and 8k in the rear.
- Goodrich Stainless steel brake lines
- Front Sway Bar Delete
- Rack Spacers
- Powell control arms w/ spherical bushings
- Moog Tie Rod Upgrade
- Napa Ultra Premium Rotors
- Hawk HPS Pads w/ ATE Superblue Fluid
- Napa Ultra Premium Drum Brake kit
- Street: Sparco Assetto Gara 17”in black wrapped in Hankook RS2 234/40/17
- Track: Kosai K1 Silvers 15” wrapped in Hankook RS3 225/40/15
- ZZP Triple Gauge Pod A-Pillar
- Autometer oil pressure and boost gauge, Interceptor scan gauge for wideband and temps.
- Sparco pedal setup, with custom build gas pedal extension for better heel-toe.
- Custom Harness bar setup by Kaufmann Fabrication
- Corbeau Drivers set, Impact! Racing 6 point harness
- Suede and Vinyl wrapped seats with orange stitching by Asylum Custom Interiors
- Carbon Creations OEM style Carbon Hood
- 2 Tone Flat black and Sunburst Orange Metallic Paint
- RK Sport Lip Kit
- Custom front lower grills for better airflow
- Powell Tow hooks
ZZP is excited to sponsor Chris in his efforts to push his Cobalt to its full potential. Keep an eye out for more of Chris’s results, and progress, coming soon.
Catch up with Chris on the following Social Media and web forums:
- CobaltSS.net (As Foximus)
- CobaltUniverse.Net (As Foximus Solo2.Com (As Chris Hofmann)
- Foximus Motorsports FB page – https://www.facebook.com/pages/Foximus-Motorsports/104413799608537
- FaceBook groups: CobaltSSGang, SoCalEcotecs, BaseModelSociety